·Movie Review: Buzz Lightyear Movie [10]
    ·Movie Review: The Marvels [7]
    ·UCLA vs. USC 2022 preview
    ·Expectation Review: Black Adam [22]
    ·Tuna Is Not The Favorite Pizza Topping in Minnesota
    ·Expectation Review: Captain Marvel [25]
    ·Forum Topic: Update your Facebook property
    ·Web Link: WEP Key Converter
    ·Forum Topic: Why does my IPA file get saved as a zip file in IE?
    ·Web Link: BeyondCompare

read more...
    TheForce.Net
    ·Rebelscum Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Patch
    ·BBC Interviews J.J. Abrams About Trek And Wars
    ·CEII: Jabba's Palace Reunion - Massive Guest Announcements
    ·Fathead's May the Fourth Be With You!
    ·Star Wars Night With The Tampa Bay Storm Reminder
    ·Stephen Hayford Star Wars Weekends Exclusive Art
    ·ForceCast #251: To Spoil or Not to Spoil
    ·New Timothy Zahn Audio Books Coming
    ·SDCC: Exclusive Black Series Boba Fett With Han In Carbonite Set
    ·Star Wars Art Exposition May 4th

read more...
    Hot trends
    ·Group29.com

read more...
    Group29 Discussion Board :: View topic - Do you think the fact we are on Tatooine in Episode IV?
    Ratings, Links, Free Speech and more

Group29 Discussion Board Forum Index -> Group29 Star Wars -> Do you think the fact we are on Tatooine in Episode IV?
    Do you think the fact we are on Tatooine in Episode IV?
    PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
    BB
    Regular

Is just a coincidence to Darth Vader?

Two thoughts from a friend after he was done watching Episodes IV, V and half of the documentary on the CD set:

1. "The documentary is mostly a Lucas ego trip. Hopefully it will get better as it goes on, but mostly it is, let me tell you about the great job I did with the great idea I had. "

2. "This is a plot hole I have been wondering about. Don't you think that Obi-wan and Yoda would have been smart enough to change Luke Skywalker's name when they took him to live with his uncle? Just in case the empire ever went looking for him. Also, didn't ever occur to Darth Vader to have a spy go to Tatooine and look in on his step-brother? I mean, King Herod had all 3-year boys and younger killed in order to get Jesus, and the empire doesn't even cover the easy bases? Just a little over-analyzing of a movie. "
    Tattooine, of ALL THE PLACES TO HIDE
    PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
    BB
    Regular

And I agree on the ego trip. In fact it can be summarized as Lucas saying: "Despite the opposition of the entire world, and God, this movie was still the most popular of all time. But it was never the movie I intended to make."

And yea, what about that plot hole? Anakin certainly knew where Tattooine was. And also you would think that it would be MIGHTY suspicious to Darth Vader that, as he has been tailing Princess Leia, she ends up at Tattooine, of ALL THE PLACES TO HIDE. You'd think while he was in the neighborhood that he would pay a visit to Owen and Beru. We know that the Imperial troops torched the Lars homestead, but was Vader even aware, or did he do it himself? And what about the promise to his mother to free all the slaves?

We'll see how it all ties together in III.
    C3PO? R2D2? Who are you?
    PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
    BB
    Regular

In Episode I, I did find it jarring that C3PO was really a hobby kit that Anakin was assembling in his spare time. I thought that he was a more noble robot than that. Also funny that in Episode IV, Owen Lars sneers at C3PO being a protocol droid, when in fact C3PO was on the farm previously. Don't they recognize each other?

A friend pointed out: "And doesn't Obi-Wan recognize Threepio or Artoo, and wouldn't Darth Vader recognize Threepio?" I wonder if C3PO or R2D2 ever cross paths with Vader in movies IV, V and VI?

I was watching Ep IV recently. Ben says, "I don't remember owning a droid". Which technically is true, since the Jedi starfighter R2 units belonged to the Jedi order and R2D2 belonged to Queen Amidala. But you are right, why doesn't he recognize Artoo? I suppose it would be like me going, "I don't remember owning a chain saw", even though I knew someone who worked with it before.

Ben rolls his eyes before he tells the story of how Darth Vader, a pupil of his before he turned to evil, betrayed and murdered Anakin . This is enough to let you know that he could be stretching the truth. But I really feel suckered now. "Anakin and Darth are the same!?! NOOOOO!!! That's impossible!" The old "truths we cling to" maxim just doesn't wash with me.

By the way, don't the droids technically belong to the heirs of Jabba the Hut after Episode VI?
    Do you think the fact we are on Tatooine in Episode IV?
      Group29 Discussion Board Forum Index -> Group29 Star Wars